The SLOP Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:52 am 
Enter the Mango

Mulefoot wrote:
...revenge for Mulefoot...

People like it when the mean ol' boar kills people that sorta deserve it. Wonder what my readers will do if I make them come to love and adore his next victim. Will they cheer him on the same?

Actually, when Brice got his "just desserts" it sat kind of uncomfortably with me - despite his nasty habits in regards to women. Because there was more time to "know" him (unlike previous victims, such as Marion's lover) There was time to see a fuller image of his character, which just like all of us, was flawed.
That's why Mulefoot intrigues me, and alows me to "cheer him on" when he goes rampaging - Although I've never killed a person, or wish to, the subtleties of his character, and the hurt (?) that created it is very human therefore I can empathise and appreciate our hero.
Of course the slopiverse is somewhat larger than life, that's usually inherent with good story-telling, but I also see it as very firmly rooted in Real Life and the "human experience."

Anyways, I'm glad Muley gets a good sleep (however long it may be) because I get the impression he's been living in the proverbial "waking nightmare" for a loooong time :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:28 am 
Slopplicant

Abraxus wrote:
Wow, you like him? I don't know if I'd go quite that far. An interesting character, to be sure, but he's a serial killer. A sadistic one at that, and though he doesn't seem to be in control of his impulses, it's still him doing the killing.

I suppose he may have some likeable personality traits when he's able to keep the monsters locked away. I guess he does TRY to be a better person in those time.

As a character, yes. I really like Muley. Tony is sick and has lots of demons. He's broken, like many many people. He's not your average comic character, let alone anything close to what you see in your average anthro-related art.

Do I admire what he does? No. He should be locked away forever in an institution. But this doesn't prevent me from digging the character concept and execution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:33 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Scotch wrote:
But this doesn't prevent me from digging the character concept and execution.

Yea.. Mulefoot has good 'Execution'.. :lol: