[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
rustedtusks.com • View topic - What's your name, girl?

rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: What's your name, girl?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:14 pm 
Vulgar Lil Critter

This page is excessively creepy. I'm reminded of Kill Bill 1 and Hostel at the same time. I can also imagine "Anthony"s spanish accent.

-shiver- Weirdo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:53 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

Interlude

Scene: Hospital room

Enter Brice...

It's a good thing none of "Slop"'s fans are market speculators considering how poorly most of us have been predicting the trends of the stories thus far. Still, I wonder whose carcass that was rotting by the stream in "." There was considerable initial sentiment that that was Brice especially since Scotty turned up in the morgue. It took quite a few arguments to change that majority opinion. When we had the the majority opinion held that Brice finally turned up as the unknown, black-socked critter twitching in the bed. I don't recall anyone paying any mind to the janitor in the background; such details, as has been observed before, always have a reason when Muley draws them into his comics.

Hello, Brice. Nice to see you again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:16 am 
UnderDog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:19 am 
79877-86982

It's our ole pal brice and it looks like he's becoming vegetarian. :)

While I'm glad to see that he's not dead, I too find myself curious as to the being that was at the end of Red River and even more so I wonder what chain of events would make Mulefoot let him go (or did he somehow escape) since he’s considered a

Song going through my head while reading the strip: Goldfrapp's Beautiful. This further enhanced by that sly-smirk on his face on the middle two frames.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:11 am 
Slopplicant

I'm a bit in awe at the moment.... Brice is alive, and looks none the worse for wear. He seems to still have some of his old habbits left too.

I thought for sure what Mulefoot had done to him would have left him crippled....I guess i assumed wrong :D

I went back and looked at the corpse at the end of 'red river'.. and noticed there arent any razor blades in or around the muzzle. There is a shotgun shell nearby though.

Now my curiosity's all fired up... who is the mystery corpse?

..forgive me for rambling.. I'm more or less thinking out loud at the moment, trying to figure this out. :)

I hope that eventually we learn about whats happend in the time since Brice and Mulefoot parted ways. So many questions....what a way to begin a 3 week break :D

And mabey its a bit off topic... but did anyone else feel sorry for Brice at the end of Red River? I know he did some bad things....but i felt a little sorry for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:39 am 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

Is the janitor Brice? I guess we'll find out.

I still say it is most likely that Brice ended up dead somewhere. That it is unlikely Tony Ray would dare let him live. But unlikely things happen all the time.

(As one cool example: It is unlikely that any male you see will have a son, who will have a son, and so on in an unbroken succession of male descendants extending over the next million years-- and yet every male here is a descendant of just such a lineage. Unless Jesus is reading this.)

I'm especially concerned with Tony Ray's illogic in letting Brice live. But if Self-Inflicted Wounds taught anything, it's how self-destructive Tony Ray can be. How much he consciously wants someone to stop him. Without going into pop-psych, a guy who is taking such extreme conscious actions to try to stop, probably isn't going to try too hard to avoid getting caught. "I'm getting careless," I think he said at one point. And if he wishes to stop, and getting caught is one way to stop, why move heaven and earth to avoid it?

Pride of workmanship? Wanting to be the best serial killer out there? I don't know. I do bet that some days he slaps his forehead (when his skull isn't cracked by a baseball bat) at how many mistakes he's made, and marvels that the cops are so stupid they haven't figured it all out yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:40 am 
Slopplicant

:O

Well, that was unexpected.

I'm thinking it is Brice, if only because of the panel with his finger touching her eye. He seems to do .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:48 am 
Unqualified Medic

as much as i'd like to think brice picked up his life and became the kind of guy to hold the hands of comatose girls...

i don't think that's him. muley shoved razors down his throat and wired his jaw shut. this 'anthony' doesn't show any evidence of having his mouth filled with razorblades. i mean, dontcha think that'd at least mess up how you speak?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:16 am 
Obligatory Agitator

If you were surprised that Tony didn't kill him, as in you really thought that Tony had killed Brice, then what do you think Tony was talking about ? Tony admitted to doing something that even he didn't expect himself to do, which was go against . It would take a fox critter showing up with dreds and a big sign saying "Hi, my name is Brice" to be any more obvious that Brice is alive.

The only question regarding Brice from that situation was what condition he was left in. Tony told Brice to the ; it was an allusion to the mouthful of lies Brice had been expecting others to swallow. Brice may have cut up his tongue some but that would heal over time. Yup, Tony was teaching an object lesson to the reynard, which is pointless if he's going to kill the boy right afterward.

Tony isn't a serial murder craftsman who takes pride in his work. Tony rapes and kills because of driving his thoughts. Apparently raping and killing is something he loves to do. Just as apparently Tony hates himself for loving to do what he does. And Tony doesn't want to get caught like most addicted drug users don't want to get caught despite wanting to stop succumbing to the addiction, despite wanting someone to stop them from getting more drugs.

Since some people seem to have not been around for the prior speculation about the body from "Red River," and that last thread went "poof" with the prior board, I think I'll start a post dedicated to that so the two topics can be seperated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:22 am 
Site Admin

Maybe its Scotty. *grins*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:27 pm 
Just Another Dog in the Band

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:44 pm 
Slopplicant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:18 am 
Preternaturalist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:05 am 
Site Admin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:37 am 
Preternaturalist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Last edited by Mulefoot on Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:47 am 
Preternaturalist

AAAAAaaaaaahhhhhh!!! It all makes sense now! And the creepy feeling I had concerning Brice's recent one-sided conversationn now becomes fully justified......

(I feel like a dolt for not seeing that myself,.... excellent catch, Kedge!!!)

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:24 pm 
Slopplicant

Been thinking about it some more. I agree, Tony was just trying to teach Brice a lesson. A lesson that i think in time, Brice will come to apreciate. In all their dealings together, I never got the feeling that Tony didnt like the fox.

So Brice takes his punishment. how he took it is yet to be seen. He leaves the country, assumes a new identity, althought not the one his father provided. Takes a job at a hospital, which gives him access to plenty of helpless people.

I'd love to get a peek at whats going on in his mind right now...