rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: LA DAI!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:05 am 
Preternaturalist

Wow! That last panel of him preparing to kiss the hoof....quite the crushingly powerful moment....

I sure am glad I happened to be on to catch this new page before I hit the hay...

Great job on this one... That twisted visage in that first panel was nice and nightmarish....!

I'm confident that this page is merely the tip of the terrible iceburg as far as the trials they are about to endure goes.......

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:08 am 
Alter Sack

Jadu beat me to it, but at least Uncle is third for once :)

So just a quick very-nicely-done, and la-dai is just such a nice sign for the reversal of fortunes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:12 am 
Site Admin

Halbherz wrote:

So just a quick very-nicely-done, and la-dai is just such a nice sign for the reversal of fortunes.

Indeed. They're all fucked. *grins*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:34 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Halbherz wrote:

4th if you want to split hairs...The asshole I work for kept me at the shop later than I planned.

Jadúgara wrote:
I'm confident that this page is merely the tip of the terrible iceburg as far as the trials they are about to endure goes.......

In the Slop universe? That's a sure bet.

Mulefoot wrote:
Indeed. They're all fucked.

In the words of Vince Scully, "And it's out of here!" *

Uncle

*Vince Scully, voice of the Los Angeles Dodgers for the past 50+ years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:07 am 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

It does hearken back to the brothel, doesn't it? A sort of what goes around comes around. I'm sure that's going through his head at this moment.

And again, the scene of the crime. What crime? We know about Tony Ray's later hobbies, but what's the big one that sent him down the road to ruin in the first place? Here's another possibility, that giving in to the enemy. It's such a despicable thing to do, to cooperate with the enemy. See me condemn it as I sit here comfortably in my nicely padded chair, wishing I had a little bit more ice for my Wild Turkey. So easy to condemn, if you aren't there.

Another possibility. I won't venture a guess how likely it is, but it would fit into the Slop Universe's personality if in trying to trick the captors so he can save his friends, he ends up being condemned by those friends. Or getting them killed.

We'll see. I've been well schooled, in various senses of the word. I know not to make too many speculations about where the plot is going next.

I do love the reversal that the "lie down!" command implies. That's great writing.

This is being told from Tony Ray's viewpoint, of course. I wonder how much of it is true? That's a question regarding speculation about where this might be heading, but it's a general question as well.

We are all the heros of our own little drama. Whatever Tony Ray did, he'd be more than human (veprine?) if he took an objective view of it. Is this what really happened? How much of what we see is what really happened, and how much isn't?

No, it ain't going to be that Tony's crazy so none of this happened. Mulefoot the Writer, I know you too well to think you'd pull the "and I woke up and it was all a DREAM!" scam on us all. But even if we've seen things happen in Slop, can we count on them being 100% real? Or does Tony Ray's viewpoint alter the reality of the whole world, as we see it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:31 am 
Preternaturalist

Havoc wrote:
Or does Tony Ray's viewpoint alter the reality of the whole world, as we see it?

Oh I ABSOLUTELY think it does!!! This story is so very much about someone's personal hell... And I must believe that there is more to the world, that Tony Ray lives in, that actually allows others to be happy, people to find real love, and things to work out all right... It's all there,..because it's no doubt a complete world (at least in the writer’s mind)...

However,..that's not the SLOP Universe,..which is Tony Ray's personal universe, a small fractured portion of the whole... If he were truly allowed to live (and we were truly allowed to visit) in the rest of that other bright and shiny world it wouldn't be hell, would it?

Tony Ray has consigned himself to live only in the dark corners of that complete world... And, as a result, he lies to us, his observers, concerning the nature of the extent of his world...

He may be able to peer momentarily, from time to time, across that infernal shrubbery separating the two sides of Hades' Realm, catching a quick glimpse of beauty and happiness,...but that's merely a part of his torture.... If he chooses to share any of that with us,..it must always become a twisted parody...

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hell is repetition.

Tony does indeed live in his own personal hell. And really, none of us quite live in the real world. There is a truth to the universe outside ourselves. This is the nature of the universe. We process everything through the context of our experiences...our biases, our culture. Tony's recollections show you Tony's truth. While he despises liars, he's not beyond confabulations.

He has spent most of his adult life re-arranging the world to conform to his vision of a personal hell.