rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Good recomendations
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:08 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

It's always nice to see that paid professionals always get good health care.

Welcome back Muley.

Uncle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:11 am 
Site Admin

Damn you're fast. *grins*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:11 pm 
Batshit Sane

And the gloomy merry-go-round lurches into motion again, groaning and shedding brittle scales of rust and the creepy-crawlies hide in the dusty shadows.

I hope your schooling went well. It's nice to see the comic's back. So many loose ends for you to tie up.

I expect the forum will be quiet for a while, but I'm sure people will gradually discover that progress has continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:41 pm 
Slice of Sly

Quote:
And the gloomy merry-go-round lurches into motion again, groaning and shedding brittle scales of rust and the creepy-crawlies hide in the dusty shadows.

Great imagery, I was going to sing the theme from 'Welcome back Kotter'.

'The new guy. Whos recommendation? If it was Mulefoot that would indicate stronger ties to Cooper's organization than occasional work.

Sam comments indicate his work is his life. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does to fill the void.

Who will act as Uthy's keeper. Will arrangements be made to feed her a steady supply of rapists to...use up. ('It's your lucky day boy, someone made your bail.') Cooper being a businessman I can also imagine , 'I sympathize. $1,000 and I might ask for a favor in the future.

And now because Slop is back I must Snoopy dance.

Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 pm 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Abraxus wrote:
I hope your schooling went well.

I am most happy to report, Mulefoot graduated with a GPA of 3.6
Still waiting to take his state boards.
I hope it's soon.. I've already had to dart him twice already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:40 pm 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

Every death, every "package" delivered bound and gagged, every dark op that became even darker killed a bit of his soul. Then one day there was a moment to reflect, to look within, and when he did, he saw... nothing.

That emptiness is the one horror against which he cannot harden himself, for his hardening IS the emptiness. So all that's left is the work. If he keeps busy enough, he won't notice (except perhaps in nightmares, if he can still dream) that he's damned.

Then the work stops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:24 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Havoc wrote:
That emptiness is the one horror against which he cannot harden himself, for his hardening IS the emptiness.

Methinks you assume to much of Sam's inherent goodness.
Sam is a professional. And professionals, get to be good at what they do by not thinking about what they do except in terms of a "job well done."

Tony Ray on the other hand, _knows" he's fucked up, and is slowly coming to the point where he acknowledges that he needs help.

Uncle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:26 am 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on this one, Uncle. I don't assume Sam is good. I assume Sam is dead. He's sacrificed himself to the job until there's nothing else left. But there must have been something more once, and if he's like most other people who have given up too much of themselves that must haunt him.

Interestingly enough, it isn't so much what he does that has killed him. It is that he let the job take over. I've seen people with "saintly" jobs that ate them up as thoroughly in the end. It might take a bit longer when things are less intense, but it can still happen.

While I don't see Sam as good, I don't necessarily see him as evil either. He is a professional, he is a job, he's like a scalpel you could use to excise a tumor or cut a throat; good or evil is all in who pulls his trigger.

On the other hand, I've heard the term "the banality of evil." I don't know quite what that means, but it occurs to me that there's probably been more evil done by good honest workmen who were just doing their jobs and following their proper authorities than has been done by anyone else. Not the top of the line artisan evil, perhaps, but the mass-market wholesale variety.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:45 am 
Slopplicant

It's great to see a new comic page up, here's to hoping there are more to come on a regular basis from now on!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:23 am 
Alter Sack

@Rams: Don't dart Muley too much! You might accidentally hit his drawing trotter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:49 pm 
UnderDog

If he's a good shot (and he is) he can take out that evil smelling stogie and leave the pig untouched.
Albert the Alligator smoked better rope than that 20 for five center.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:14 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Mulefoot wrote:

Not always ... I was rereading this page and something caught my eye up in the top right hand corner. "Pets allowed"

I know there's sentient and non sentient creatures in the Slop Universe. (I,.e, cows and such for food.) But then the questions arose, "pets?"

What kind of pets do we have? And do they fall into domesticated and wild categories?

Since the predominate species in Slop is Canine, do they have dogs? Kind of like humans having primate pets. ;-)

Totally random neural firing. The Corvinka, since they are the Jews of the Slop universe, did putting them in concentration camps qualify them as "pets?"

Uncle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:38 am 
UnderDog

And along those same lines, if there are 'pets', when do the magazins the doctor was strokin' off to pass the line from pron to perversion?

"Fast"? A recommend or a lament, Muley?? :):)

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:25 pm 
Batshit Sane

Uncle wrote:
Mulefoot wrote:

Not always ... I was rereading this page and something caught my eye up in the top right hand corner. "Pets allowed"

I know there's sentient and non sentient creatures in the Slop Universe. (I,.e, cows and such for food.) But then the questions arose, "pets?"

What kind of pets do we have? And do they fall into domesticated and wild categories?

Since the predominate species in Slop is Canine, do they have dogs? Kind of like humans having primate pets. ;-)

Totally random neural firing. The Corvinka, since they are the Jews of the Slop universe, did putting them in concentration camps qualify them as "pets?"

Uncle

Putting myself into the mind of a Slop denizen, I think I'd be more comfortable owning a wild animal that didn't closely resemble my own species. There would be some 'uncanny valley' issues there, and there would be something discouraging about seeing an animal with such a recognizable face being subservient to me. It would be eerie. Think of those man-faced dogs from that old horror movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 pm 
UnderDog

Yeah. Pet monkeys or other primates do nothing for me - a bit too close to home, I suppose.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:45 pm 
Alter Sack

Bugs and lizards make good pets too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:50 am 
Site Admin

Its still not here. *twitch*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:38 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Abraxus wrote:
Putting myself into the mind of a Slop denizen, I think I'd be more comfortable owning a wild animal that didn't closely resemble my own species. There would be some 'uncanny valley' issues there, and there would be something discouraging about seeing an animal with such a recognizable face being subservient to me. It would be eerie. Think of those man-faced dogs from that old horror movie.

On the other hoof...
The denizens of Slop still may very well appreciate the value of a guard or herding dog, mouser cat or ferret or even draft animals from pre-industrial days.
Just because our wild cousins only real talent is throwing feces, doesn't mean the folks of Slop don't find theirs more useful, and desirable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:57 pm 
Batshit Sane

Ramseys wrote:
Abraxus wrote:

On the other hoof...
The denizens of Slop still may very well appreciate the value of a guard or herding dog, mouser cat or ferret or even draft animals from pre-industrial days.
Just because our wild cousins only real talent is throwing feces, doesn't mean the folks of Slop don't find theirs more useful, and desirable.

My counterpoint to that is that those are working animals, not pets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:56 pm 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Abraxus wrote:
My counterpoint to that is that those are working animals, not pets.

Very true, but in our world not many dogs or horses have to 'earn' their keep, as they once did. The working relations of ol', gave way to the friendship of today's pets.
My original point was to show a nexus of how the wild animals of Slop could have become domesticated quadrupeds. Which could lead to being kept as pets. Just because our wild cousins don't make good pets, the same could not be said about some of the ones in the Slop universe.
And There also might have many more animals domesticated.
In the currant meat shops in western cultures, one can find many different types bovine, not just different breeds, but also how the animals were kept and the age of slaughtering. Also we can find, fish fowl, porcine, ovine, caprine, equine, leporidae, and cervidae meat products. Some to a much lesser extent. Perhaps in the Slop universe these choices would be greatly expanded.
Such as camelids, rodents, and other species of cervidae. (Actually at the last Morphicon, we had 'Drama llama' burgers.)
With all the different carnivores, with their different tastes, we might be able to drive down a road and see herds of tapirs grazing in fields, or even a feedlot full of elephants being fattened for slaughter.

Isn't creating your own universe fun? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:16 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Ramseys wrote:
Isn't creating your own universe fun? :roll:

It was until Runs With Stick reminded me that if I "got it wrong" she'd hurt me.

Uncle.