rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:59 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Well lets hope they can talk the pool boy into coming back after this.

And lets hope Uthy is 'pool broke'. :mrgreen:

Uthy has the timing of a Jehovahs-witness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 pm 
UnderDog

Yeh but JWs or Wandering Mormons or whatever... are usually peaceful. I think this is gonna end badly.
The shining light of the muslims is, they don't seem to proselytize much.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:01 am 
Slice of Sly

All I can think is, the shit has hit the fan. Now it is in Sam's interest (moreso) to replace Uthy. Will Mulefoot come back to the old firm or maybe Brice can act as the young understudy.

Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Ramseys wrote:
And lets hope Uthy is 'pool broke'.

A bathing cap!?

Bwahahah poor delusional gator STILL thinks she's got hair.

Uncle.

PS. welcome back Muley.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:19 pm 
Preternaturalist

I know she's crazy,...but SURELY she didn't just "arrive" at Sam's private residence of her own accord, slip on a suit, sneak into his backyard, and slither into his pool without getting someone's permission/attention...

I mean,...DAMN!

On a separate note; I LOVE "Smirky the Otter"... What a smug little dick-head...

Also,...Sam looks all sad there hunched up in his little chair, with his little bandage and i-Pod... I really continue to feel sorry for him and his cold acceptance that all this is just the way it has to be,...all "normal" for him... I'm sure it's just the sap in me,...but I want warmth and compassion for him... I want to remove him from the shackles of his own emotional prison, and place him in a new scene that lets him learn how to care about his own happiness again...

Lastly,...Mulefoot and Ramseys,...I truly admire the fact that you have both made time to create and edit this new page in the midst of something as time consuming and difficult as the move from Ohio to Texas... Thanks so much for this... Hopefully the holidays are being kind to you....

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:32 pm 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

The idea of Uthy as a bathing beauty is a real spit-take moment, and hilarious- in a Bugs Bunny cartoon sort of way. Slop ain't any kind of Bugs Bunny world. Here the humor was the first thing that struck, followed by an oh-my-GOD kind of realization of just how cracked Uthy really is. This is one messed up and dangerous gator.

Slipping into Sam's pool uninvited is a screaming violation of what has to be the one inviolable rule for him: Thou Shalt Not Bring Work Home.

His whole home life feels like a cover story of normalcy. Perhaps he is Mr. Normal at home because it really is a cover story for him. Given the tone of his narration, world-weary and something beyond cynical about himself, everyone, and everything, I would think that his normal life really is just a cover story. That everyone and everything in it is just for effect. It's possible he only maintains it to provide physical safety, and expects nothing else from it. Not even the ability to halfway forget, every once in a while, that none of it is real.

But even if he cold-bloodedly maintains his home life as pure illusion and nothing more, Uthy dragging her murderous self into the middle of it is just too much. This is something Sam can't tolerate, for cold and self-interested reasons, even if there are no emotional reasons. And however beyond-cynical Sam may think he is, it's possible there are some emotional reasons to strike back too.

You would think Uthy would have to know this, unless she is stone crazy. Or somehow wants to strike at Sam (perhaps she has come to realize he is associated with Mulefoot somehow?) and thinks she has what it takes to handle one or both of them. Which might or might not be just another flavor of crazy.

In any case, this shows how utterly out of control she is. Sam can't afford to let this go on, even if he were inclined to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:53 pm 
Vulgar Lil Critter

havoc's note on uthalla wearing a bathing cap is funny and scary. just because... you don't make fun of things with pointy teeth that are known to kill. in fact, what havoc said basically summed up my own reaction to sam.

sam specifically going out, and hiring sergio, just for his wife, shows that he is kind of caring. for kate, i mean.
it struck me as kind of sweet... in that odd sam way.