It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Son!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:08 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Dun-dun-Daaaa!
So Scott is Brice's half brother...
Or was.
That gives the conversation Redmond and Scott had before that fateful trip, a whole new slant.
Good to see Sam is healing up nicely. Able to 'shag a sheep' for an hour. :wink:
Ok.. so what did we learn, besides Sam is well endowed?
Well Sam learned that there were two look alike reynards at the Dead Cow...
And both went missing at the same time.
But still major questions remain.
The DNA proved that the skinned reynard was Redmond's son, but which one?
Tony didn't kill Brice, or at least not at the river.
So who was the older reynard body they found there.
And what the heck it that crazy 'gator up to?

Post subject: Re: Son!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:29 am 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

Vandergraf is a right bastard, isn't he? He sends his illegitimate son in as a decoy for his legitimate one. I had thought sacrificing his employee Scott to save his son Brice was pretty cold. How much colder that he was also getting rid of an embarrassment, the evidence of a past mistake, and a possible source for blackmail.

I have to say, though, that Sam would have to admire the efficiency of it. Although I'm not sure how healthy it is to defeat Sam in this way. The guy's got professional pride, you know. And, as he says, once you start a job, you finish it.

Neat work that Scott was Vandergraf's son, Mulefoot. Before I was thinking it was a little too handy that Vandergraf had an identical copy of Brice around, ready to take the fall. But sleazeball that he is, of COURSE he has a copy of Brice handy. Maybe more than one. It fits so well that I'm shaking my head at the perfection of it, and at my naivity for not having seen it at once. OF COURSE he would have a Scott or two wandering around. Geez. I should have known that!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:18 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Havoc wrote:
Vandergraf is a right bastard, isn't he? He sends his illegitimate son in as a decoy for his legitimate one.

All in all, I guess it shouldn't have come as any big surprise.

EVERYONE in this universe is a serious case of soup sandwich.

Uncle.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm 
Sloppworthy

I remember when Brice's half-brother first spotted him in that sleazy bar. He said something like "There you are. I'd recognize the back of your head anywhere."

I had a feeling then there was a reason why he'd be more familiar with the back of Brice's head than with his face ;) And now that we know for certain they are related to one another? Kinky.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:55 pm 
UnderDog

"Seen one reynard, seen 'em all". Can't tell the players without a scorecard - to Carol they're all a knot and some panting and gone in thirty minutes....... Sam has staying power though. The alligater best not be subscribing to any new magazines.

--lj

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

littljohn wrote:
"Seen one reynard, seen 'em all".

As should have been painfully obvious by now, the Slop universe very carefully parallels our own.
Blacks? Mexicans? Orientals? <Insert racial type of choice here>
They all look the same, the only differences are the ability to usually guess right between blacks and Chinese.

Coyano, Reynard, Veper... take your pick, all the other species have their own version of what's wrong about the others.

Runs With Stick has way too many issues to count about the treatment of the Cuni at the hands of others.
Hoptfoot, Snowshoes, boot liners, diggers. Take your pick.

Uncle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:41 pm 
Serious about SLOP

Ramseys wrote:
Dun-dun-Daaaa!
...And what the heck it that crazy 'gator up to?

Oh, I think we were already given a clue to that. I think she's buggered off looking for that klandagh former kitten star Tawny Two-Trees without Sam's help. She's just crazy enough to do it.
Of course, that raises the obvious question of where she's gone.

It also raises another interesting question... She mentioned that Tawny knows martial arts. If he is indeed good at martial arts, perhaps Ms. Gator might be biting off just a bit more than she can chew this time. :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:48 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Wotan wrote:
She mentioned that Tawny knows martial arts.

"Tae Kwan Do, Korea..."

Thump

"Bumper Jack, Sears."

Uncle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:03 pm 
Vulgar Lil Critter

Sam mentioned that they'd 'talked' previously, how many times do you think he and Carol met up? Was it because of Brice, or was it because of Mr. Vandergraf? I'm leaning toward the former... Brice did have a lot of girls on his phone if you recall...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:21 am 
Preternaturalist

Poor Sam,...he looks so sad inside, somewhat pathetic,...sitting there on the bed....cute little pot-belly, though... Heh!

And look at Carol sitting there flaunting her nakedness in front of him... Does she have any clue that he hates doing this with her? Some of her behaviors are starting to make me wonder...

What a slüt ("sloot",....<snicker>)!!!

Anyway,...great page! Nicely done! And quite the ominous portent, what with the comment about always finishing a job... Part of me wants Sam to let Bryce live, even if he finds him... The real one that needs killin', as far as I'm concerned, is dick-head-daddy Vandergraf...

Jadugara ^_^

Last edited by Jadugara on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:29 pm 
Site Admin

Jadugara wrote:
Poor Sam,...he looks so sad inside, somewhat pathetic,...sitting there on the bed....cute little pot-belly, though... Heh!

I feel very pleased with the way I drew him. Sex makes poor Sam sad inside for the things that he's become numb to.

Jadugara wrote:
And look at Carol sitting there flauting her nakedness in front of him... Does she have any clue that he hates doing this with her? Some of her behaviors are starting to make me wonder...

I think she might have an inkling that he comes across a bit unwanting but not unwilling. In my mind, Carol is repeating an abusive cycle that Redmond started upon her. So not only is she sleeping with the enemy out of revenge, but there's a subtle power thrill in her sexual harassment of Sam. I suspect Sam is quite aware of what Carol is doing and feels its an acceptable price to pay for the information he needed. Sex means so little to him other than he generally associates it with unpleasant things.

Jadugara wrote:
Anyway,...great page! Nicely done! And quite the ominous portent, what with the comment about always finishing a job... Part of me wants Sam to let Bryce live, even if he finds him... The real one that needs killin', as far as I'm concerned, is dick-head-daddy Vandergraf...

Jadugara ^_^

Sam wouldn't kill Redmond Vandergraf just because the guy deserved it. From CIA training to working as a hitman, Sam has long trained himself not to become an instrument of justice. He doesn't kill because he want to and he doesn't work pro bono. Glad you liked the page.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:30 pm 
Site Admin

AMountainLion wrote:
I remember when Brice's half-brother first spotted him in that sleazy bar. He said something like "There you are. I'd recognize the back of your head anywhere."

I had a feeling then there was a reason why he'd be more familiar with the back of Brice's head than with his face ;) And now that we know for certain they are related to one another? Kinky.

In SLOP, its always worse than you think. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:57 am 

I always appreciated how the people with the real power were the bureaucrats. I mean, Vandergraff might be some kind of evil genius as it were, but how easy would it be for Carol to take him down?

She seems like the kind to keep notes. Lots of notes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:10 pm 
Batshit Sane

Now more than ever I wonder about how the species of the characters are fitting in with their personalities. Surely, by species, they have specific traits that are more often than not common between all members of that species.

Vandergraff and his habit of sampling the company staff... the proverbial fox in the henhouse? Mulefoot's gruff, boarish demeanor? Sam's reclusive, badgery attitude? I think there are elements there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:01 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Abraxus wrote:
Now more than ever I wonder about how the species of the characters are fitting in with their personalities. Surely, by species, they have specific traits that are more often than not common between all members of that species.

Vandergraff and his habit of sampling the company staff... the proverbial fox in the henhouse? Mulefoot's gruff, boarish demeanor? Sam's reclusive, badgery attitude? I think there are elements there.

And sheep the, 'Dumb Blonde' of the Slop universe.
Nice 'eye candy' for the visiting clients, and a knot warmer for the boss.
I don't think Vandergraf suspects he has a 'Wolf in Sheep's clothing', in his office.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:09 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Abraxus wrote:

And from Runs With Stick's little saga...

Cunni, (rabbit) a bit skittish and suspicious of others. But highly adapted at becoming the predator.
And of course the Coyano. 'Nuff said. ;-)

Uncle.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:03 am 
Batshit Sane

I think that Carol is probably craftier than many of the characters give her credit for.

I think she's intelligent enough to know that she's putting Sam through the motions, and she probably gets off on that just as much as she does 'sleeping with the enemy'. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she manages to manipulate the Vandergraff situation to her advantage somehow, or if she's possibly a bigger player in all of the happenings than others know. Maybe she's a sort of 'double agent'? All conjecture of course, but it is fun to think about anyhow.