rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tease!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:31 am 
Vulgar Lil Critter

I love this page.

Simply because you can take a quick peek into the boar's mind. Backstory! Yes! I reconize a few things in this comic from past archives or other things, but I'll keep my trap shut.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:38 am 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

So it looks like Tony Ray lived long enough for the EMTs to reach him, at least.

Looks like someone else survived too. Someone with a bloody mouth, as if he had just spat out a mouthful of razor blades-- and someone who, somehow, managed to get something he thinks is a weapon. The image isn't clear there-- but interesting. Free, untied, un-razor-bladed, and armed. Quite a reversal of fortune from the way we saw Brice last.

If Tony Ray wanted to kill Brice, Tony Ray has made a screw-up of monumental proportions. If he didn't want to kill Brice, why? And the skeleton with what appears to be fired shotgun shells nearby takes on interesting new significance now.

We see a lot about Tony Ray's world too. Veprs hunted down and lynched by the Klan? I wonder if it's just pig-folk who are the object of this hate, or whether dogs have a Klan for cats, goats and deer have one for dogs, and so on.

But in any chain of hate, someone ends up at the end of the line. And if it's Tony Ray's species, that tells a lot about him and how he ended up this way.

Interesting that "hate" is coupled with a picture of a alligator in prison-- and then we see a different alligator, a female hitchhiker later. Uthalla? Would Mulefoot be more likely to let his victims live if he feels some special kind of hate toward them? If so, what special hate does he have for Brice? Or were Uthy and Brice both accidents?

Poor guy-- still longing to be a good person, in spite of what he's done and what he's made of himself. Maybe he wanted to die, but probably not. He hasn't tortured himself enough to escape yet. Oh no, got to keep turning everything around him into dust and ashes, until finally he's made himself suffer enough that he can let himself crawl away and die.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:55 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Havoc wrote:
We see a lot about Tony Ray's world too. Veprs hunted down and lynched by the Klan?

Somebody owes me a new keyboard. The last one died a horrible death due to doing a spit-take with a mouth full of coffee when I saw Tony's flashbacks including a klan rally.

Joke for the day: Two Klansmen on thier way to a lynching. One turns to the other and says, "I just love how these3 sheets smell fresh from the drier."

Uncle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:47 am 
Enter the Mango

I had a similar response to the Klansman image - Oh the intrigue!

By the way, the angle you used to view the "Tease" really added to the bitchy quality of the cheerleader in question. I mean, Muley really was looking up to her, but left behind - great choice!

The plot thinkens *satisfied sigh*

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:15 pm 
Alter Sack

Uncle wrote:
Joke for the day: Two Klansmen on thier way to a lynching. One turns to the other and says, "I just love how these3 sheets smell fresh from the drier."

Uncle

Safer sects indeed.

Backstory is always neat for depth, and after so many pages of travelling with the enigmatic, taciturn pig, it kind of rushes in all at once, yet only leaves more food for speculation... nyarr.

Can't we rewind that Whole-Life-Flashing-By-Movie and press pause at some other parts?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:44 am 
Preternaturalist

Halbherz wrote:
Can't we rewind that Whole-Life-Flashing-By-Movie and press pause at some other parts?

Indeed!! I'd certainly like that as well! In fact,..how about the part right after Brice is pointing the gun at him....

...or even right before...

Poor little innocent Uthalla.... Obviously she had some of her "issues" even before Mulefoot stepped onto the scene.... But certainly,..that one "special" encounter must've changed her entire world. At least we know her penchant for "wiggery" wasn't his fault too..

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:35 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

Were Uthy and Brice both accidents? From what I've read, the answer to that question depends upon Tony's state of mind when he thinks about it. I think the morality pendulum is still swinging both ways in the vepr's mind and his answer will vary accordingly.

The gator... I'm nut sure if we can truly say if he is behind bars or if it's simply Tony's perspective of looking out from behind bars. It could even be that it doesn't matter whether one is in or the other is out if they're both jailbirds. However, the set-up is clear for each of these scenes - these are all objects of and not what they are or what they are doing. The cheerleader could just be in her role of inciting a crowd and generally being lively; it's Tony that is projecting the attributes of that label of tease onto her... much like using an adjective of "bitchy" for a person whom, so far, has had no dialogue and displays no attitudes or emotions.