rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:34 am 
Obligatory Agitator

Patching the body up and stuffing food down the gullet, someone's looking out for Tony despite his intentions of getting himself killed. I wonder if Tony is in a hospital or if the vepr wound up in some back street clinic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:06 am 
Alter Sack

"That's not her stitching me up."

"My name's not Anthony."

*shudder*

[edit] And even more speculation: a hippie chick. Brice a nurse across the border. Little white packages. No kind deed going unpunished.

After a few weeks of Misery (tm Stephen King), will Muley return home as a living pinata full of white powder in rubbers? The possibilities...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:35 pm 
Preternaturalist

Wow Halbherz!! You read SO MUCH into that!! (only time may tell if you hit the mark on those...)

What I'm getting out of it,..is that,..since we've seen Tony-Ray first-hand in the midst of many things,..lust, deception, violence, drunken mayhem, anger, etc....it is now time for us to see him in a situation that I think makes him REALLY uncomfortable,...being placed under circumstances where the kindness of others makes him feel beholden to them.

It seems that, perhaps, he has been in such situations before, at least as far as the money in that envelope was concerned (the one stolen from him at the very beginning).. There's still a murder surrounding all that which is conveniently left unresolved... Perhaps this new event will provide us with more insight into that,...PLUS give us a look at how Tony-Ray will react, first-hand, being on the receiving end of care-giving kindness.

Who is this mystery doctor? I can't wait to find out!

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:09 am 
Obligatory Agitator

The hand inside of the rubber glove had four thick, stubby fingers like Tony's own hands. The hand feeding Tony is five-fingered and more svelte by comparison. We know the girl is with him but the doctor is a mystery... if he or she is actually important. Hmm... I remember there being a vepr girl in the watering hole. I wonder if the "hippie-chick" had run into the bar screaming, "is there a doctor in the house?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:12 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
What I'm getting out of it,..is that,..since we've seen Tony-Ray first-hand in the midst of many things,..lust, deception, violence, drunken mayhem, anger, etc....it is now time for us to see him in a situation that I think makes him REALLY uncomfortable,...being placed under circumstances where the kindness of others makes him feel beholden to them.

Deception?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:25 am 
Obligatory Agitator

Y'know, deception. Like when Tony was leading Brice out into the woods.
Brice wrote:
We're really going to do this? Get a girl, use her, break her?
Tony Ray wrote:
Yeah. You're a killer, right?..

Tony has said things he did not mean in order to get closer to his prospective victims.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:14 am 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

Darn it, had a good reply but it doesn't seem to be here--

OK. I was wondering what motive someone would have for keeping Tony Ray out of the hospital. Yes, he busted the bear up something awful, but the people who saw it were the ones who busted HIM up-- they're not likely to go to the cops over the whole incident. And he's an ex-con, but that's not illegal. He wouldn't get into any great trouble if he ended up in the emergency room. Why would anybody keep him outside of one?

Because it does look to me, I do get the feeling that he's getting street medicine. He's being handled skillfully, but it doesn't seem to be in a "proper" setting.

The Hippie Chick might be involved. The scent of her perfume, but the person stitching him up is not her. Was she there, though? Did she arrange for this rescue?

And considering that she was stalking, or at least studying, Tony Ray before he was studying her, what does she have in mind? Does she have some mission in mind for our antihero? Did she have one in mind for him even before all this started?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:05 am 
Preternaturalist

Andrick wrote:
Y'know, deception. Like when Tony was leading Brice out into the woods.
Brice wrote:
We're really going to do this? Get a girl, use her, break her?
Tony Ray wrote:
Yeah. You're a killer, right?..

Tony has said things he did not mean in order to get closer to his prospective victims.

Yes,..exactly... Tony-Ray had,.. as least on that occasion,...chosen to lead Brice on,...letting him make his own mistakes, dig his own grave, as he paved the way to his potential fate by Tony-Ray's hand.

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:21 am 
Slice of Sly

I loved the drawing of the stitchwork, detailed enough for practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:56 am 
Alter Sack

more nifty details:

Rubber gloves have clawguards of sorts, and are thicker than ours. Or are they even spray-ons, to reduce claw piercing?
the tattooed skull and the boar skull both have scars now.
And again, the last line revolves around eating.