rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Flap flap
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:57 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

I suspect the real reason Tony wants to talk to Sam is to find out why he has no military history ...

Post subject: Re: Flap flap
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

There are many reasons for the pair to meet. Sam could have just told Tony to call him from a payphone at an unregistered cell number. You know Sam has a spare phone or two. He wanted to meet face to face. Tony could have insisted the same. Both of them might have other reasons for wanting to talk face to face.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 pm 
Vulgar Lil Critter

I'm interested in the names that have come up on this page.
'Ridgeback' must be Uthalla... especially if Sam called them 'messy'. And Cooper has been in a few pages before. I can't help but feel that those names are familiar... Gotta go back and re-read the archives.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:02 pm 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

All these characters we don't know, all these stories now... finished, by the sound of it.

You know, if I were Tony Ray I'd never agree to meet Sam in person. And if I were Sam, I'd never agree to meet Tony Ray. It's not like either of them can be unaware of the other's, um, abilities.

Oddly enough I hope they manage to get by without killing each other. I've come to like these two monsters. There's something sympathetic to each of them. That's a tribute to your writing, Mulefoot. It's easy to create "cartoon" villains, pardon the expression. Creating bad people you care about takes skill.

Tony Ray and Sam both remind me of Unforgiven. Like Will Money, they are damned and know they're damned-- and the only surprising thing is how easy it is to go on living like that, year after year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:54 am 
Slice of Sly

I loved the blur effect in the first panel. Well done with the brush and lines to convey looking through a windshield. I also have to wonder, what would it feel like having your ears flap in the wind? :)

It sounds as if Cooper collects serial killers. Wonderful idea, would the police assume that the reason for a killing be anything but random if a known pattern killer did the job? It seems they would try to fit it into their profile rather than look for another motive.

Also in addition to calling each other names that would lead to violence for anyone else, Mulefoot uses Sammech's proper name. They are, as much as they can have some, real friends. This is bad. Sammech would not let friendship, love or anything else stand in the way of his sense of professionalism. Mulefoot is not ready to give up whatever claim he has on Brice yet. If he had Brice would have been a snack.

Best guess? A fights about to happen, or Sammech has Mulefoot back with a new serial killer, one who is attracted to very quiet girls.

Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:34 am 
UnderDog

I think employment will be discussed. Sam employs people, though a lot of them are gone now. Sam offers his services around. Note that when the people who do this regularly do so (Think Guido and The Boys) the operator is normally unknown to the subject. There's nothing to connect them. Consequently, the killer walks.

--lj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:34 am 
Sloppworthy

Hee hee.. I loved the ear-flap in the wind effect. Admittedly, there for a second I thought it was fwap fwap not flap flap. Thought Mulefoot was stroking off in Sam's car xD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:09 am 
Site Admin

AMountainLion wrote:
Hee hee.. I loved the ear-flap in the wind effect. Admittedly, there for a second I thought it was fwap fwap not flap flap. Thought Mulefoot was stroking off in Sam's car xD

:shock: