rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Pig Food
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:34 pm 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

No Vennie stew? Well, considering that the meat's been marinated in weird chemicals for years, besides any parasites or diseases there might be, that's probably no great loss.

This is a hoot. And I have to say that it is the most logical response for Sam and Tony, but one I didn't expect. No messy bloodstains, no body to get rid of-- which is still a problem, even though Vennie chose an out of the way place for his ambush. I mean, you got to take time out of your busy schedule to dig a hole and all that.

I was going to say first you have to find a shovel, but I would bet Sam has one in his trunk at all times. After all, he's the sort to be prepared, and you never know when you're going to get stuck, literally or figuratively, and have to do some digging to get out of it.

I love the way you put the slightly grinning Sam in the center of the page and had him speech-bubble back into the dialog from there, several frames later. Brilliant. And the expression there, plus the expressions on Sam and Tony Ray top right, are just perfect.

Y'know, for all the non-friendship between them, I think Sam and Tony Ray would still watch out for each other in positive as well as negative senses of the term. So long as it didn't impact business, of course. Friends will help you move, and good friends will help you move bodies. There have been bodies moved, with these two. I hate to call them friends, yet I remember another quote from Unforgiven, a film whose tone reminds me constantly of the tone of Slop. "Hell, I ain't gonna kill you, kid, you're the only friend I got!" Sam and Tony aren't quite friends, perhaps-- each knowing the other too well for that-- yet in a large part, each is all the other one has.

Post subject: Re: Pig Food
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:38 pm 
UnderDog

Well, I got some of it right:

> wouldn't be surprised if the two pros didn't just give him what he wants and laugh about it later. However, I expect he will >be leaving the parking lot feetfirst as opposed to dickfirst.

Second half -do they let him walk? Probably. He may not be worth the noise. We will see.

--lj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:55 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

littljohn wrote:
Second half -do they let him walk? Probably. He may not be worth the noise. We will see.
--lj

I'm sure they don't want to have to stand around talking to the police.
That sort of attention is un-wise for both of 'em.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:50 pm 
UnderDog

True. He certainly ain't gonna tell anybody. And from the looks of him, he ain't gonna last too long anyway, whether the next 'victim' takes him out or the meth gets him first.

--lj

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:01 am 
Preternaturalist

These were a couple of great pages!

I missed the appearance of the last one due to crazy busy-stuff here on the home-front, but it was a special joy to come by for a visit and get the treat of both at the same time!

Can I just say that there was something chillingly zombie-like in the druggie-deer's approach... I was actually full of a strangely-surreal trepidation, until he opened his mouth and became an absolute dumbass... I'd say he got off lucky,...but then I know what his future (as short as it may be) will probably be like...

Great work Mulefoot!

Jadugara ^_^