rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: So Freakin' Confused
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:10 pm 

I might be clueless, but I'm so confused about the comic up to this point. I haven't been following the forum, so perhaps all of this has been hashed out before. I poked around a bit, but didn't see anywhere obvious where it had been discussed. So let me recap what I think has happened so far and perhaps someone out there can tell me what sort of Twilight Zone voodoo I'm missing:

1) Brice accidentally kills Laura and goes on the run.
2) His dad sends Scottie out to give Brice Scottie's I.D. and a car.
3) Tony and Brice meet up and drink heavily.
4) Scottie and Brice swap IDs.
5) Sam and Uthalla catch up with Scottie, Brice, and Tony. Tony acts like he's never met Sam before.
6) Sam and Uthalla abduct Scottie, thinking they have Brice.
7) Tony molests Brice and murders him, leaving his body by a river to rot.
8) Uthalla accidentally kills Scottie. He gets skinned and returned to his father who probably assumes it is actually Scottie since didn't return from the swap.
9) Sam doubts Uthalla killed the right guy. He's seen a photo of Brice's skeleton rotting by the river. He heads out to find Brice.
10) Sam finds the guy Brice sold the car to and the apartment he had been staying in. He finds Scottie's I.D.

So my questions:
A) Why did Tony act like he didn't recognize Sam?
B) How did Brice manage to sell a car, get an apartment, and take Scottie's I.D. back to it if he left the bar with Tony (who then murdered him)?

I would really appreciate it if someone could clear this up. Thanks!

Also, while I'm here, let's all say a big "Rot in Hell" to Brice, I mean Joran, as he enjoys the next 26.5 years in a Peruvian prison.

I hope he gets shanked to death during the final week of his stay.

Post subject: Re: So Freakin' Confused
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:26 pm 
Serious about SLOP

Welcome!

First thing to learn about the slopiverse is nothing is as it seems.
Second, a state of confusion and not being sure what's actually going on is, well, like our own world, pretty much SOP. Lots of times something becomes clear later on, only to result in more unanswered questions than it answers. I'm not the one to answer your questions, as I'd surely be wrong (I usually am in real life, why would it be different here?)

Personally, I've never understood Uthy. *Shudders* Is she mammalian or reptile? Where did she get boobs ("They're real"), hair, or (gawd) a snatch? Why isn't she long dead? Why didn't Tony kill her off when he had the chance?

And I'm not convinced the skeleton by the river is Brice. Possibly; where else would he be? But there's enough doubt in my mind that that could have been some other critter, and Brice could have ducked the Big One by the skin of his teeth, and Sammich catches up with him later.

“If confusion is the first step to knowledge, I must be a genius” :shock:

Si ego certiorem faciam.... mihi tu delendus eris

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:32 am 
Obligatory Agitator

I had the same initial impression about Sam and Tony being or acting like strangers but the revelation that they greet each other "you're a man of refinement and taste" colors the initial meet differently when I reread the scene. The later meeting at the Maple Log revealed how much code and subtext there is in their conversations. A casual eavesdropper wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary when the brock and vepr are talking about murders, targets for kidnapping, and torture in public places. Those two have a professional past of work for hire of a very unsavory sort and their skills are not just in violence but of being discreet/unnoticeable.

As for Brice and the body by the river we have had many forum arguments and theories about it/them. We don't know how events turned out after the rape of Brice. Tony seemed to be taking his time in telling Brice to not lie if he had only been intent on fucking and killing the reynard. Then there was the fever dream Tony had revealing a bloody-mawed reynard holding a shotgun and the introduction of the character "Anthony." Combine the current comic arc with these events/images and some shit went down that really changed things from what last we saw by the river.

It isn't clear but there is a narrative at work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:08 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Howdy and welcome to the forum.
Mulefoot and his support staff work very hard to keep the story interesting.
Yes we keep things a mystery, but we do leave lots of clues around.
At the end of this story you will find out what happened at that river's edge.
Uthy will have her own story after this to explain what she's all about.
This past year has been a roller coaster for Mulefoot.
I think and hope this coming year will be more stable for him and his ability to have time to work on Slop.
Hang in there.. all will come to pass.

Ramseys
Editor-in-beef

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hello there. I'm sure my highly erratic updates haven't helped. Let me see if I can straighten a few things out without giving away things:

hafeliel wrote:
I might be clueless, but I'm so confused about the comic up to this point. I haven't been following the forum, so perhaps all of this has been hashed out before. I poked around a bit, but didn't see anywhere obvious where it had been discussed. So let me recap what I think has happened so far and perhaps someone out there can tell me what sort of Twilight Zone voodoo I'm missing:

1) Laura dies after a night of partying and sex with Brice.
2) Yes.
3) Yes. With Tony slowly getting more and more of a desire to end that little prick.
4) Yes.
5) Yes. Sam sees Tony and greets him in a way that is meant to sound to strangers as if he and Tony don't actually know each other. Tony is not pleased to see Sam. They didn't part on good terms. His tone is suspicious of Sam but he does not want to get involved because he knows what Sam is.
6) Correct. This is because they Scott Rose and Brice are superficially similar and because Uthalla had picked up Scott's scent at a vacation home that belonged to Redmond (father of Scott and Brice). First panel. http://www.rustedtusks.com/slop/index.p ... &p=20&nc=1 That plus Scott having Brice's I D...
7) Tony takes Brice to the river to a nice private spot with the intent of raping and then murdering him.
8) Scott is accidentally killed before he spill the beans. He is skinned but for his face. Redmond intentionally identifies the body as Brice in the hopes that Brice got to safety. There is a dead, decayed body shown at the river with no indication of who it is but oddly, it has a watch and jewelry, none of which Brice was seen wearing during the entire story. I meant to be more subtle than that but everyone on the forum picked up in the little details. So much for surprises later when I show a Brice-like fox in Quetzlan who calls himself Anthony. It should be noted that Carol says Redmond doctored the books to make it look like Scott did not disappear at the same time Brice did.

9) Sam begins to doubt that they even had the right guy. He's seen the photo and the news article that goes with it that tells him that's not Brice. This adds to the doubt. When talking to Tony-Ray, he at first has the impression that Tony ended Brice but then realizes that Tony has had contact with an old associate who does fake passports and the like. This makes him really suspicious. Its important that he know now because if Tony is to work for Cooper, it has to be known of Tony can be trusted to get the job done and not get all sentimental. Further, Sam has to tie up this loose end or he looks REALLY bad and the agency looks bad. Its in his interest to find out what happened to Brice.

10) Yes. Though how he found the apartment will be revealed very soon a long with a lot of other questions you might have had.

A) They were speaking in their own kind of code. If you look at the line, it could be familiar. Tony's did not want anything to do with Sam. Sam is from a life he wants to forget.

B) Sam wants to know the very same. By the end of the story, a lot of things will be cleared up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 am 
Obligatory Agitator

Actually, Mulefoot, the jury was still out on #8. There were people arguing whether or not Brice was the body by the river without any conclusive proof either way. Pretty much the issue of Brice's survival was a matter of faith with many forumites surprised at "Anthony's" sudden appearance. Even afterwards there were people questioning if he was just a red herring and that there was no way that Brice could've survived Tony's trap. If you ask right now, even with all the story known to date, there is probably a tiny minority of sloplicants who still think Brice was killed by Tony Ray. Hafeliel just read the archives and has all the events fresh in his mind and didn't see through your trick. Heck, the only reason we forumites got as far as we did in figuring out the misdirection is because we had time to scrutinize each page and pooled together our observations.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:13 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

It should be obvious at this point Brice survived.

I doubt if he'll survive Sam though.

As to Uthy's "real boobs", Oh they were real alright, they just wen're hers. She's definitely psychotic. And raised by mammals so she has serious self identification issues.

Uncle.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:14 pm 
Serious about SLOP

Uncle wrote:

As to Uthy's "real boobs", Oh they were real alright, they just wen're hers. She's definitely psychotic. And raised by mammals so she has serious self identification issues.

Uncle.

OK, EWWwww !!

Not so much "Eww, they're not hers", as, well,

'Gators body temps are generally in the 80's F°, in southern US, so I'm giving her maybe 6 hours before she draws blowflies, and another 12 before she starts sagging and oozing and stinking.

That kind of EWww. If she has self esteem issues, that's gonna draw flies, er, friends.....

Si ego certiorem faciam.... mihi tu delendus eris