rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Home Away From Home
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:40 am 
Preternaturalist

This new page, and the various discoveries Sam makes, tells me Brice may about to see Sam as I envisioned him in that little painting I did of my favorite badger long ago...

Hilarious find in the drawer, by the way... I love how neatly they're all laid out, like an operating bench full of floppy surgeon's tools... Apparently he's done a great deal of experimentation since the "Tony" event, or perhaps he was closeted about it all along, while outwardly parading his various female conquests... As Uncle mentioned in another post, our porcine anti-hero certainly left an "impression" on him (apparently of a very particular shape, judging by one of the toys, though that one seems a bit small, compared to the utensil we've seen being brandished around)...

I foresee an awkward and tense conversation coming up very soon...

There's really no going back for Brice now...

I wonder if it will end with a bang?

Jadugara ^_^

Last edited by Jadugara on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Home Away From Home
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:39 am 
Obligatory Agitator

I rather doubt Sam would waste any time talking to Brice unless there is something Sam really needs to know and only Brice can answer. Remember, Brice is a walking, talking highlight of Sam's blunder at the Dead Cow. The fact that the reynard is alive, if known, endangers not just his and Cooper's reputation but also imperils his own life. Sam vouched for a dead look-alike and took payment from dangerous people for a job that isn't finished. Pausing ;onger than the time it takes to positively identify Sam's prey will only allow a greater chance for Brice to get away. "When you hafta' shoot, shoot. Don't talk." - Tuco, The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:16 am 
Preternaturalist

Perhaps you're right,...but personally, if I were Sam, I'd want some answers to the variety of conundrums that seem to have surfaced since the whole job "went bad"...

At the top of the list would have to be..."What the hell happened with you the night the boar failed to take your life?"... That answer alone, as we all know, is worth the price of admission (which is, in this case, the potential price for not instantly putting a bullet in his head)... I mean, taking care of a problem quickly is one thing (though that particular horse has long-since left the starting gate,...so at this point, what's a few more minutes of conversation going to matter)... but it's totally another thing to finally have the chance to find out exactly how that problem became even more complex in the first place...

I mean, in Sam's particular business, knowledge is power,...and making sense of this particular quandary could inform Sam of how to avoid such snarls in the future...

Who knows, that knowledge could be worth Brice's life, if well presented...and in Sam's mind Brice may have clues that could further unravel more of the mysteries surrounding what makes Tony Ray, Tony Ray...

Jadugara ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:38 pm 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

The most probable result is death on first sight. But if you always go with the most probable result, you don't have a story. Besides, considering certain historical events, it seems to me that having the most likely thing always is very unlikely. :)

Sam would, of course, know all the places to hide things. And if you want to hide something in your living quarters, there are only so many places you can choose. I'm pleased that Sam knows them all because, of course, Sam WOULD know them all. His easy assurance and efficiency here reflects his character in perfect fidelity.

In a way I hate to say it, but the perfect hiding place is like the perfect code or, I suppose, the perfect crime: Completely random. Choose to bury your stash of papers at the third white rock along this fence in an area that has nothing to do with you, except that you can reach it in a reasonable amount of time, and (assuming you don't go to check that it is still there until you need it) the odds are that even Sam won't be able to find it, even if he knows what you did. Except that being Sam, he could probably psych you into going to check, and then he could follow you.

That brings up the problem of X Marks the Spot. Because if you make up a little treasure map, then you have to hide the MAP in some place where Sam could find it, and that defeats the purpose. Otherwise you memorize your "random" location and don't make a map. But in that case, if you want someone else to get your stuff once you can't, they can't either. Or you forget where it is yourself. I have a nice small handful of 1400 year old coins that somebody hid in a safe place, long long ago, and never found again. They find these all over the place. People hid them in safe places and forgot them so often that to this day you can get your own bronze Roman small change, if you want it, and the coins are generally too small, cheap, and common to be worth counterfeiting.

Yup, it's probably easier to outsmart yourself than it is to outsmart a pro like Sam.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Well if Sam finds out the answer to some questions...
WE get to find out the answers too.
Unless you don't want to know. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Ramseys wrote:
Unless you don't want to know.

Oh, we want to know...

Uncle.