rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Introduction Thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

Most of you signing back up will have introduced yourself a long time ago. However, there are new folks on here like Pangolin. The purpose of this thread is for all of y'all new folks to say hello, a lil about yourself and maybe say how you bumped into the comic or somethin'.

Welcome welcome.

Last edited by Mulefoot on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:56 pm 
Spitfire

Um, hi, I'm Blazeblast....and I'm an alcoholic. D=

I don't really know what to say about myself. I discovered Slop through Jack and have been reading ever since...I think a few weeks into the first chapter. I have always lurked on the forums though, until now!

Also, hi Muley, I love your new avatar. (;

"Whenever I have to shave, I always assume someone else in the world is shaving, so I say, 'I'm gonna go shave, too'." ~Mitch Hedberg, RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:19 pm 
Slopplicant

Also came through Jack. No jokes please. A mad scotsman by profession, lurker as a hobby. Hello all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:49 am 
Site Admin

Blazeblast wrote:
Um, hi, I'm Blazeblast....and I'm an alcoholic. D=

Also, hi Muley, I love your new avatar. (;

Thanks. It felt rather appropriate. Glad to see you steppin' out.
Oh and everyone go check out her artwork at:
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/blazeblast/
I like it muchly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:15 am 
SLOP Editor-in-Beef

Hello all..
I found Mulefoot by turning the chair around, and there he was. :shock:
I then became your 'Editor in Beef', and have tried to maintain Mulefoot's vision for the story.
Lets see.. Well I'm the same age as Mulefoot is in the story.
I have a farm here in Ohio, and have a variety of livestock.
That's about it.
Thanks fer reading and posting. 8)
Ramseys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:36 am 
UnderDog

Deja vu all over again. Most of you guys n grrls draw it, somebody has to appreciate it. That's me. I don't draw, cos I'm not talented in that way. Live in the hills north of Atlanta and work on high powered electronic systems and make BIG sparks. I knew Mule when he had hair. We go back a while, and Ramseys as well. They're perverts - well, Mule anyway - and I'm sane and stable so I can say that:):) I like the comic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:46 am 
Site Admin

littlejohn wrote:
Deja vu all over again. Most of you guys n grrls draw it, somebody has to appreciate it. That's me. I don't draw, cos I'm not talented in that way. Live in the hills north of Atlanta and work on high powered electronic systems and make BIG sparks. I knew Mule when he had hair. We go back a while, and Ramseys as well. They're perverts - well, Mule anyway - and I'm sane and stable so I can say that:):) I like the comic.

The only person I've known longer on here is Uncle. We go way way way way back. He knew me when I was first got online a long long long time ago. January or Febuary of 1994.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:46 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Mulefoot wrote:
The only person I've known longer on here is Uncle. We go way way way way back. He knew me when I was first got online a long long long time ago. January or Febuary of 1994.

And that's my cue...

Greetings.

And yes, I keep Muley in line by threatening to post Christmas pictures of him when he was cute.

Uncle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:29 pm 
UnderDog

Gosh, has it been that long? I guess it has. A ol' college bud dropped by yesterday. I aint' changed a bit, but he's aged somewhat.

h, Blaze - You ain't a alcoholic unless you go to meetings. If you don't, you're just a drunk :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:27 pm 
Spitfire

littlejohn wrote:
h, Blaze - You ain't a alcoholic unless you go to meetings. If you don't, you're just a drunk :)

Actually I'm neither. (; Too young to get into bars - legally - and failing that, I don't have any drinkin buddies so...no sense in drinking alone!

But I guess once someone starts getting shitfaced by themselves, BIG indicator they are a drunk, huh? =3

"Whenever I have to shave, I always assume someone else in the world is shaving, so I say, 'I'm gonna go shave, too'." ~Mitch Hedberg, RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:20 pm 
UnderDog

Blazeblast sez:
>But I guess once someone starts getting shitfaced by themselves, BIG indicator they are a drunk, huh? =3

Actually, you really start to worry when they have to go off and get sober by themselves......

(I come from a long and distinguished like of alkies. My Mom assumed room temperature at age 80 after decades of a regimen of three packs of Salems and a half quart of Old Crow per day. Somebody had the gall to wonder aloud at the wake how long she would have lasted if she hadn't lived that way. However long, she would of hated it every minute.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:29 pm 
Slopplicant

*waves* :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:12 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

Hey all. I found "Slop" from "Jack" and have been reading since the middle of "Dry River Run." Few writers can pull off a repulsively engaging story like Mulefoot has done with "Slop" and I intend to follow the tale of Tony's downward spiral. The surprises and bizarre twists to this story are intriguing but believably plausible. Unfortunately, I had become so engrossed in the story and the following conversations that I didn't see the press gang.

I am Andrick Volsh, your (shanghaied) moderator for the RP forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:27 am 

'Lo there...my name's Samantha, but I go by Pangolin as a pseudonom because...well, because they're vastly underrepresented little critters! And they have razor sharp scales and can poof up into a ball! Why is so little love for these creatures? Why, I ask you, why?

Ahem. Now that that's over, I'm from California, I'm a college student, and I live on Ramen and PB&J sandwiches. I love to draw, and people say I'm pretty good at it. I'll leave that up to you (and here's some shameless whoring out of my art! http://www.weretiger101.deviantart.com and http://www.furaffinity.net/user/pangolin/).

Hm, what else to say about myself? I'm a bit crazy, probably like most of the people here, I like the fine arts and classical music, fruit juice, movies that are highly underrated and and ones that very few people seem to like, roleplaying, writing, comics, and I have a ferocious and bitter (and sort of irrational) hatred of all things anime.

Well, that's me, I've posted some SLOP related drawings in the fanart section...and...yeah. Hm. Yeah, I can't think of anything else. Toodles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:36 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

Normal people are dull. Crazy people are anything but dull. Welcome aboard, Pangolin. I feel compelled to point out that the representation of pangolins isn't as rare as you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the SLOP forum, Pangolin. Glad to have you here. The world needs more scaley anteaters :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:49 pm 
Vulgar Lil Critter

Hello. On the world of the internet I have many names, but I was Raiden on the old forum, so I'm Raiden here. I also go by Tanookie or Adamska. I found Slop through Inhuman which is a really stellar webcomic.

I draw many pretty things.

I like martinis. I also like a wide variety of music from Johnny Cash to A Perfect Circle to Steven Lynch. Hopefully I will have a large variety to pretty art to put in the fanart section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:58 pm 
UnderDog

Yo again, Raiden. Where's a pic of the Border???

Hiyas Penguin.

Yall watch out for them martinis. They're dangerous.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:00 pm 
UnderDog

"Penguin"? Sheesh <tm> PANGOLIN. I'll get it straight sometime. Welcome, anyway.

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:10 pm 
UnderDog

Since the idea of Borders came up, here's my grrrrl. Whom ABC knows as 'Rodgers Miss Billie Mags'. She was unhappy with a Rottweilier who lives next door, and was headed out to tell him F>O>A>D>, and make it stick, when I took the snap. She was gonna do a Mulefoot on him till I stopped her.

http://www.doubleringkuvasz.com/images/Oz10r.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:18 pm 
Alter Sack

Hi. It's me. Still me. I used to have lots of posts on the old forum, and a tin foil beanie. Now I have this one post, and nothing to hide my receding hair line with. There used to be times when these facts would have depressed me.

Even so, I might slink back into lurk mode soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:49 pm 

*barksqueaks!*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:30 am 
Enter the Mango

Halbherz wrote:
Even so, I might slink back into lurk mode soon.

*drags the big bear back into the light.... well, at least out of "the lurk" anyways*

By the way, they eat Pangolins in my neck of the woods, 'though it's incredibly illegal to do so. Cute little buggers :)

....Oh yeah, my name's Lulu, but 'Schaaz does just fine too. I'm just me, and if anyone needs some elaboration or clarification 'bout that just ask :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:13 am 
Slopplicant

I've been folowing Slop for a few weeks now..... and its like finding the Grail...... its exactly what i've been looking for! No magic... no winged foxes..... there's evil... sadness.... that certain dark edginess you only find where folks are desperate, broke, hungry...etc. And the setting... the rual, back-country bordertowns.... come on... it just doesnt get any better than that.

I cant belive that this comic exsists..... for a long time i tried to make do with Jack... and its a great comic, dont get me wrong...... But Slop is the answer i've been looking for!

Mulefoot, your characters seem so realistic... so down to earth. They have real faults, real problems in their lives. As long as you keep it going, you'll have a fan for life right here. Thank You!!!!!

....About myself, I'm a Clydesdale horse from the american southeast. I'm a redneck (a real one..... not a jeff foxworthy clone), and proud of it. I like to roleplay, and I'd like to get invoved in the RP here somtime in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:11 am 
Site Admin

Glad to have you here, Redneckfur. No magic...unless you count the dark miracles...those terrible one in a million events. What were the odds you'd hitch a ride with the pig? What are the odds you'd end up at that gas station out of money when he pulled in and saw you looked hungry so bought you some lunch?

The setting is inspired by the places I've lived. I grew up in North Carolina and spent some time living in rural Texas as well. I'm glade you like the odd characters I create. Thanks for saying so. Welcome.

Oh...and as for real rednecks... Have a look at this video of Larry the Cable Guy. *chuckles*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCJ7ESnjvHk
Fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:13 am 
Preternaturalist

Greetings to you all! I am Jadúgara...

I can say, with all honesty, that I am made glad by the continued support that this Forum has maintained despite the recent attack against it from outside sources. It is a testament, both to the quality of the offerings to be found herein, as well as the quality of the people involved, creator, editor, friends, and fans alike.

Mulefoot, your tireless efforts are most appreciated, and I thank you for your generous nature. To those whom I've met here, and with whom I've had the pleasure to interact, thank you for your indulgence and the smiles you have managed to draw from me.

It is my honor and pleasure to continue this journey with such enjoyable company.

Jadúgara ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:19 am 
Serious about SLOP

Uthalla here. I used to be a velociraptor... and I had boobies... but muley got his hands on my and changed me into a boobless gator. No wonder my in comic fursona is psychotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:57 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Uthalla wrote:
Uthalla here. I used to be a velociraptor... and I had boobies... but muley got his hands on my and changed me into a boobless gator. No wonder my in comic fursona is psychotic.

Fun jugs or not hon, we still love you.

Uncle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:40 pm 
UnderDog

Rednekfur, huh? :)
You anyplace close to the Georgia mountings, boy?

--lj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:44 pm 
UnderDog

Hay mule - didja save any of the avatars from the crash? Mine was a sacn of an original Kit Seaton did for me once about ten minutes after she had met the first Big White Dog. I told her we needed a letterhead for Rescue, and she ran that up in five or ten minutes. Anyways, we auctioned off the original, and I don't have a scan of it anymore... and I liked it as a avatar. I can get the original scanned, but it's gonna take a whil;e. You still got... ??

--lj

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next