rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:54 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Out on the ranch

Chavo had been working with Miguel most of the day putting irrigation pipes together for the field. "It's time" He thought to himself as he walked around the back side of the flatbed truck and hit the chock block keeping the pipes on the flatbed.

Miguel heard the sudden shift in weight and looked up in time to see the 40 foot lengths of pipe cascading off the truck towards him.

"íAyúdeme!"

"What did you say?"

"íAyúdeme!"

"What's that? Where are you?"

"íAyúdeme!"

Chavo walked around the truck and saw a hand sticking out from under the pile of pipes. He picked up an end of one and lifted it to see Miguel's face contorted in pain. "What do you think you are doing under there? Quite fooling around and get back to work."

"íAyúdeme!"

Chavo laughed and dropped the pipe and listened to the crunching sound it made.

Silence...

"You know, I am going to miss you Miguel, you reallly did work hard."

He climbed into the truck and after getting it started, headed back to where the rest of the workers were. "There's been an accident, come quickly, I think Miguel's been hurt!"

The workers climbed on the truck and held on as Chavo gunned the engine heading back to where he had left Miguel.

Stepping out of the cab he said, "Quickly! Under here. The load shifted. I think he's under here."

The workers jumped off of the truck and frantically lifted pipes trying to get them out of the way.

"íTu Madre!" One of the workers leaned against the pile, holding his face in an unsuccessful effort to keep from losing his lunch.

With a cultivated tone of sadness to his voice Chavo spoke, "Help me get him on the truck, we will take him to the doctor, then over to the funeral parlor."

After Miguel had been pronounced dead by the doctor, Chavo headed down the street and pulled into the driveway in the back.

"Carlos...I have the volunteer, help me with this."

Continued

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:22 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

The funeral parlor

"Damn it Chavo"

"What's wrong Carlos?"

"Look what that idiot did to our volunteer. How am I supposed to send him home looking like this?"

Hector looked at what was left of Miguel's face, "I see what you mean. Well, you wash him up and I'll take care of rebuilding the skull so he looks ok."

"Oh, by the way Carlos, did you attend to that other task I asked you to do?"

"Si Heffe. They should have received the package about a month ago."

"Good, I don't think we'll be hearing from those cavadores any more."

"Oh, and I ran the rest of it through the wood chipper like you told me to."

"Excellent work Carlos, you are an asset to the company. By the way, how much did they send up this time?"

"Roughly 5 kilograms, which means we need to send Miguel back down with about 250 thousand in cash."

"Will that fit?"

Carlos grinned, "Si Heffe after I remove everything of no importance inside him it will."

Hector rubbed his hands together, "Not bad eh? We stand to make about a million dollar profit on this."

"Even after you pay for the coffin and send a couple of thousand down to the widow, we still have a very good margin sir."

"You know, it's funny, they almost always sell the coffin back to the company we buy them from. I think this one is on it's 5th trip back down."

Carlos nodded, "Everyone make a profit."

Hector held up the clay skull, "What do you think?"

"An excellent touch leaving that gold tooth intact."

"Of course Carlos, what are we? Thieves? They think I'm the patron saint of migrant workers."

Carlos coughed. "So would immigration if they knew."

And at that, they both had a good laugh.

Continued

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:15 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

1984 A local school yard

"Help me open this window."

"Shhhhhh."

Click

"There"

Runs With Stick reached inside the classroom and threw the package onto the teachers desk.

Slipping back into the shadows as they left the schoolyard Silver Two Trees said, "Explain to me what we're doing here again?"

"I just left my share of the money on the teachers desk."

"You what?"

"You heard me my dear."

"But why?"

"I want our children to grow up educated."

"Our children? We don't have any."

"We will eventually. You don't want to be doing this job forever do you?"

Silver Two Trees could feel his cheeks redden in the darkness. "You keep saying that."

"I want a family. I want to have children. I want them to be educated so they don't have to do this for a living."

"I'll make you a deal then. Next run I'll give my share to the school. It will take us a little longer to save up enough to retire, but by then both Roger and Mac will want to retire too."

"You will do that for me my dear?"

"Yes, and we can go to the elders and have a full wedding ritual too if that's what you want."

Runs With Stick felt a tear run down her cheek. "I wish my family could be with us."

"I understand, I lost mine to the fever. But we will start a new family."

Runs With Stick giggled, "Can we practice tonight?"

"As often as you like."

Continued...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:15 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

1984 After school the next day.

"Thank you for coming Sam."

"You're welcome ma'am, what can I help you with?"

"Well, I found this on my desk this morning."

Sam lets out a long slow whistle, "There must be close to ten thousand in there."

"Actually, it's eleven thousand two hundred and eighty three. I counted it. Five times."

Sam smiled, "And what do you want me to do about it?"

"Well, I don't know really. Is anyone missing any money?"

"Not that I'm aware of."

"And look at this note."

Please use this to make sure our children have a decent education.

"Well ma'am, I'd say that someone around here wants their children to have a decent education."

"But what do I do with all this money Sam?"

"Well, you can't just put it in the bank, the federals will go nuts wondering where it came from, and then they're going to want a big chunk of it for themselves. And you'll have to spend it as cash from who ever you buy supplies for the school from."

"I can't just leave it here in the drawer Sam...."

Sam nodded, "Tell you what, I'll keep it for you down at the office. It will be safe down there and you can come and get what you need whenever you need it. How's that?"

She stood and put her arms around Sam and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Aw Missy, what'd you have to go an do that for?"

She blushed and looked down at her feet, "I'm sorry Sam, I just got carried away. You're not mad at me are you?"

"I've known you for close to twenty years now, how could I be mad at you?"

"What do you think I should buy first Sam?"

"Are you still using history books that talk about the impending war over seas?"

"Good point."

"And paper and pencils and how about food for lunch?"

"Can we go back to your office and make a list?"

Sam felt his cheeks warm up. "Uh, sure Missy."

Continued...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:44 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

West Arikara

Silver Two Trees sat in the dark waiting. It had been over a year since the Federation agents had given him a choice between them or prison.

A single agent appeared suddenly beside him. "Mr. Randolph?"

He knew he was good at staying out of sight, but this agent was unnerving. "Yes?"

"What is the situation?"

"In a word sir, they're insane, but they have the money, the materials and the motivation."

"Did you find out what they're up to?'

"Not directly, no sir."

"Do you have a feel as to what they're up to?"

Silver Two trees let out a long sigh, "They have been very secretive. But as of late, they have been making comments about it will soon be over."

"What will be over?"

"The Federation. The usual comments about how Mother Earth will restore her children's place in the world by driving our enemies from our land."

"Is there more?"

"Yes. Recently there has been a lot more equipment and activity in the compound than is normal for them. But what really worries me, is the recent deaths."

"How is that different from normal?"

"Sir, normally, someone here dies as a result of a fight, or an accident. And the bodies just go away. Usually left out in the wilderness for the animals to tend to. But the last few, They were carried out by workers in chemical hazard suits and burned."

They both sat in the darkness in silence for several minutes, finally the agent spoke again. "Mr. Randolph, The Federation appreciates what you have done. When this is over, all charges against you will be dropped. You will be free to stay out of trouble, or not. The choice will be yours."

"Will there be anything else sir?"

"No, continue as you have been doing."

Silver Two Trees turned, but there was nothing.

Continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:21 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

El Oso's, the menu

Runs With Stick wrinkled her nose. "Don't these morons know how to eat anything healthy" she thought to herself as the waitress put another another order up on the carousel.

She took the ticket and threw a dozen tortillas on the grill then rang the bell. "íDos por favor!"

"Gracias Angele!" as the waitress grabbed the plates and headed off to the Coyano's sitting in the back.

Runs With Stick had been watching Chavo since her first day on the job. "What a self important bastard. He is at least as bad as that damn trucker." She knew he was the one she would have to talk to about what had happened to Mac. "I should have no problem with him. They are all the same. I see how he looks at me."

"Angele. How are you this evening?"

"Just fine Lee, There haven't been any complaints about the food has there?"

"No, no, they seem quite happy with how you cook."

"What happened to the last cook?"

"Well, remember I told you to stay away from Chavo?"

"Yes."

"He got her in a family way and her parents sent her out of town."

"Didn't her father do anything?"

'Shhhh, never you mind Angele, I told you he's a bad hombre. He gets away with things that would get other's killed."

"I understand Lee, thank you for warning me."

Runs With Stick busied herself with her tasks in the kitchen, "Mother help me." As her final chore for the evening, she went through her ritual of sharpening her cleaver, softly she spoke to it, "You were my Father's and his Father's before him. Blessed are the Spirits that live within you. Guide me in your proper use."

Runs With Stick smiled to herself as she waited outside in the darkness for Chavo to stagger out after Lee closed down for the night.

Continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:29 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

An alley in Lockhart

Runs With Stick tensed up slightly, "I know what I have to do. I know it means having him touch me, but it is not permanent." She watched as the light in El Oso's went out. "Not much longer now."

Chavo walked slowly down the street, a bit unsteady, and turned into the alleyway. Looking around he faced the wall and started to relieve himself against a darkened door frame.

"Is that all you know how to do with that?"

"Who's there?"

Runs With Stick stepped out of the shadows, letting the small bit of light hit her face.

Chavo fumbled a bit with his clothing with a smile of recognition on his face. "Oh, it's you, Angele isn't it?"

"Yes." She looked down a bit, "And you must be Senor Chavo?"

"What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to get to know you better Senor." She could see him straighten up trying to look taller.

"And why would you want to do that?"

"I've seen the way you look at me."

"Why didn't you come over to my table?"

"Senor Lee won't let me, that's why I had to wait for you out here. I don't want to lose my job."

Chavo looked her over thinking, "A bit taller than I'm used to, soft in all the right places though and Dios, those eyes...."

"Is there someplace we can go? Perhaps to your place?" Runs forced herself not to laugh as she thought, "Mother help me, this is almost too easy."

"I have a place outside of town, it was my father's farm. We can be alone there." Then thought to himself, "And nobody will bother us if I have to rough you up if you're just prick teasing me."

Runs With Stick smiled, "That would be perfect, but could I possibly ask you a small favor?"

"And what would my Senorita ask for?"

"Would you mind if I kind of rode in the back and hid? I don't want to lose my job."

Chavo grinned, "Of course not, that would be fine"

Continued..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:44 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Outside of Lockhart

Runs With Stick slouched down in the front seat of the old pick up truck as it bounced down the dirt road in the darkness.

Chavo pulled up in front of a run down house and switched off the engine, "Mi casa es tu casa." as he put his hand on her thigh.

"This will be over soon" she thought as she stepped out of the truck noticing that there were no other light visible in the darkness, then laughed, "Shall we go inside Senior?"

Chavo stepped inside first, feeling for the lantern then lighting it. "Romantic don't you think?"

"May I have something to drink?"

Chavo picked up a half empty bottle of mescal and took a long drink, he started to hand the bottle to Runs With Stick then paused "Where are my manners?" As he wiped the top of the bottle with his shirt.

Taking the bottle, she put it up to her lips and tipped it back without drinking any. "Mother help me, do these fools drink gasoline?" she thought.

"You look tense Senior Chavo, would you like a massage first?"

"A massage?"

"Yes Senior, you wouldn't want to get a leg cramp later would you?"

Runs With Stick pulled her dress up over her head and watched Chavo's eyes moving over her.

Chavo took a deep breath, standing there captivated by the naked Cunni, "Never in my life...."

She took a cushion from the sofa and set it on the low table in front of it, "Here, lay down and relax. I promise you that you will never forget this."

He just stood there transfixed.

"Here, let me help you out of your clothes." as she started to unbutton his shirt.

Fifteen minutes later he was completely passed out on the table, breathing slowly. Runs With Stick removed the rope from her bag and tied his hands to the table, then ran the rope across his neck, chest and thighs. Making sure they were properly secured she quietly tied the rubber hose around his leg just below the knee and waited a bit before waking him.

"Wake up Chavo, we need to talk."

"Snrrrk..." Chavo woke slowly, wondering what was wrong with his arms.

Runs With Stick slapped him across the face. "Wake up Chavo."

Chavo tried to sit up and felt something against his throat. When he tried to move his hands to find out what it was, he found they wouldn't move.

"Be still Chavo, you don't want to choke to death do you?"

"Untie me at once!"

"You're not in a position to give orders now Chavo."

"When I get loose from here, I will beat you to death."

Runs With Stick slide her hand up between Chavo's legs and stopped to fondle his testicles, "You know Chavo, for the way you talk, I would have thought that they would be bigger than this."

Chavo turned to glare at her, noticing the bright blue stripes on either side of her muzzle, "You're insane, do you have any idea who I am?"

"I know only that you have information that I need, other than that, you are a nothing."

She let him swear for close to five whole minutes before she pulled the cleaver from her bag. "You were my Father's and his Father's before him. Blessed are the spirits that live within you. Guide me in your proper usage." Holding it up for Chavo to get a good look at it first, she then turned and brought it down hard, neatly severing the joint above his ankle.

Watching Chavo's face and the reaction, she knew the shock had set in almost instantly. Slowly she sprinkled the Indamo powder in his open muzzle and across his eyes. "The sacred powder is in your mouth so that you may greet Death on your journey. It is also in your eyes so that you may see that which is denied you for eternity."

Runs With Stick slapped him across the leg, "Now, are you going to answer some questions, or do I let you bleed to death?"

"Madre de dios, Si si"

"Who killed the other Cunni that was down here two months ago?"

"Hector ordered it, but Carlos did it."

"Is Hector the fat man that runs the funeral parlor?"

"Si."

"And Carlos, is he the tall dark one that comes to your table at El Oso's?"

"Si."

Chavo's voice was starting to fade, "I don't want to die."

Runs With Stick turned to dress the bloody end of Chavo's leg. "You will not die, but remember this, We are Cunni, Death is always nearby. Do not run to meet Him."

Continued.

Last edited by Uncle on Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:39 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

1970 Death is nearby

"Father, look what I found!" Runs With Stick set the lifeless animal on the ground between them.

"That is a muskrat Daughter."

"Can I keep it?"

"What do you intend to do with it?"

"When he wakes up, we can be friends."

Running Blue Water took a deep breath. "He is never going to wake up Daughter."

"What do you mean?"

"He is dead."

"Dead? What do you mean Father?"

"My dear Daughter, you have never seen death before. It is time I suppose, that I explain it to you."

Runs With Stick sat down and listened to her father.

"The Creator has given all of us a gift of life. We are only here for a short time."

"Then what happens Father?"

"When Death comes for us, we go to be with the Creator."

Runs With Stick sat and thought for awhile then asked, "Will you meet Death Father?"

"Yes."

"Will he come for me too?"

"Death comes to us all eventually."

Runs With Stick smiled, "Then I can be with you again?"

"Daughter, we are Cunni, Death is always nearby. That doesn't mean we should run to meet him."

"Yes Father."

"While we are alive, we should honor those that came before us and teach those that will go after us. It is by doing so we fully appreciate the gift of life that the Creator has given us."

Runs With Stick got up and put her arms around her father, "When Death comes for you, tell him you're busy teaching me."

Running Blue Water stood up and laughed, "Yes Daughter. And speaking of which, have you learned your lesson for the day?"

"Yes Father."

Continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:12 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

El Oso's

"Mother help me, I'm getting too old to do this." Runs With Stick swore under her breath as she walked into El Oso's and headed towards the kitchen area. "Good morning Lee, how's things?"

"Good morning Angele, how are you?"

"I didn't sleep well last night, may I leave after the dinner rush?"

Lee smiled, "Of course you can, we have a big day tomorrow."

Several hours later, Runs With Stick took off her apron, "I think that's the last of them Lee."

"No problem Angele, I can handle what ever else straggles in here either hungry or thirsty from now on."

Runs With Stick grabbed a short heavy knife from the rack and headed out the door. Looking at the length of the shadows she smiled to herself, "It will be dark by the time I walk to the funeral parlor."

Continued

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

The Funeral Parlor

"Carlos!"

"Si Heffe."

"It's been a long day, I'm going to go down stairs and take a nap. Wake me if any customers come in."

Carlos watched Hector head down the hallway to the stairs and thought to himself, "Long day indeed." About an hour had passed when he heard the front door open and looked up to see who it was. "May I be of assistance?"

Runs With Stick looked around then said, "I am looking for Hector."

"I'm sorry, he is downstairs right now and wishes not to be disturbed, is there something I can do for you?"

"Are you Carlos?"

"Yes, I am the office manager."

Runs With Stick smiled as she reached into her bag, wrapping her hand around the handle of the knife, "That's all I need to know" as she pulled the knife out and thrust it into his abdomen, then gave it a twist as she pulled it upwards into his heart.

She dragged Carlos back into his office and sat him in his chair, slumped forward as if her were asleep on his desk, then turned her attention to her cleaver. "You were my father's, and his father's before him. Blessed are the spirits that live within you. Guide me in your proper use."

The cleaver gave a satisfying chunk noise as it passed through the cartilage before embedding itself slightly in the wooden desk. Runs With Stick locked the office door and pulled it shut as she headed down the hallway. "Mother help me, listen to that man snore, he could wake the dead." She gave a short laugh as she realized what she just said and headed down the stairs.

Walking into the preparation room, she found him asleep on an embalming table. Slowly she flipped the straps across his chest, neck and thighs before tapping him on the nose. "Wake up Hector, we have business to discuss."

Hector tried to sit up and was confused at first until he realized he was strapped to the table. "Carlos! Come quickly!"

Runs With Stick held the head up and said "I'm afraid Carlos isn't going to be of much use to you now."

"What is this business you wish to discuss?" Hector tried his best to sound like he was still in control of the situation.

"Two months ago, a Cunni named Mac came down here with a business offer. We received his head in a box with a note: We don't do business with Cavadores."

"That was Carlos, I had nothing to do with that." The panic was clear in his voice. "How much do you want? I have 250 thousand in my desk."

Runs With Stick set the head on his chest, "I have no interest in your money, you have something else that I want." She pulled out the bag of Indamo powder and sprinkled some into Hector's mouth. "This is so that you may speak to Death on your journey."

"I don't want to die. Please, I'll give you anything you want."

Next, she sprinkled the sacred powder in his eyes, "This is so that you may see that which has been denied you."

Hector was crying now, "I'm a very important man, I can get you anything you want."

Runs With stick held the cleaver up in front of his face, "You were my father's, and his father's before him. Blessed are the spirits that live within you. Guide me in your proper use." Slowly she walked around him until she was at his side and brought the cleaver down just above the ankle. Raising the cleaver one more time, she removed a toe from the severed foot and wrapped it in a handkerchief before putting it in her bag. Wiping the blade on the cleaver, she put that back in her bag as well as she turned and headed back to the stairs.

Runs With Stick locked the front door and pulled it closed as she stepped into the darkness. Hectors screams had faded and by now she could barely hear them.

Continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:52 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Flying Hooves, Lockhart

Runs With Stick stood in the line waiting for the bus to arrive. "Mother help me, it will all be over soon."

The overhead system crackled and sprang to life: "Bus number 0444 will be boarding in 5 minutes. Please present your tickets as you board the bus. Thank you for choosing Flying Hooves."

She kept her eyes towards the ground avoiding eye contact, looking up only occasionally to note the people around her.

Somewhere north of Lacklake, Runs With Stick quietly exited the bus and walked to the east side of the station to greet the rising sun and perform her daily ritual of thanking Mother Earth for her continued well being and asking the sun for guidance. "By this time tomorrow, I will be home." She smiled as she turned to get back on board before the others.

It was dark when the bus crossed into West Arikara. After a meager dinner provided by the vending machines, Runs With Stick climbed back on the bus and headed to her seat in the back. Wrinkling her nose she thought, "Mother Help me, I know that smell."

Standing in front of the old Coronado she smiled before she sat down next to him.

Smitty started to speak, but as he looked up at her eyes he stopped. "Those eyes" he thought to himself as he rubbed his chest.

"Are you ok sir? You look as though you have seen a ghost."

"I, I.... " For the first time in his life Smitty was speechless.

Runs With Stick reached over to take his hand, "Calm down sir, nobody on this bus will harm you. I give you my word."

Smitty thought about this for a moment, trying to understand what he was just told. "Haven't I seen you before?"

"That must have been someone else that looked like me sir."

He reached into his jacket and pulled out a handkerchief and began to wipe his forehead. "I'm sorry, It's just that, I, well, I thought, perhaps I was mistaken."

"Perhaps it will calm your nerves if you talk about something you're familiar with. Say, the different styles of bus terminals."

Smitty almost swallowed his tongue, "It is her. I had better do what she says." He had been talking for close to an hour before he realized she had laid her head on his shoulder and was sleeping quietly.

Continued

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:42 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Flying Hooves, Arikara

Runs With Stick awoke as the bus pulled into the terminal and stopped. "You can stop now Smitty."

He took a deep breath and sat there quietly.

"I'm truly sorry about what happened to you, but that was a different person and you have no reason to be afraid anymore."

"I don't understand Miss..."

She smiled, "Call me Ruth, the person you met last month doesn't exist anymore."

He was even more confused now. "But..."

Runs With Stick turned and kissed Smitty on the cheek. "No, I did not kill my double. The person you met had a serious family emergency to deal with. It has been taken care of."

"It was you..."

"Smitty, somethings are just better if you don't try to think about them too much. I've enjoyed your company last night and this is my stop. Good luck on your travels."

"Good luck you too, Ruth."

Runs With Stick picked up her bag and made her way off the bus. As she crossed the parking lot towards the road, a large familiar shape appeared in front of her.

"I figured you'd be getting back about now."

"Hi Sam. What?"

"Funny thing, apparently there was a bit of a mix up down in Lockhart. Found a Coyano with a foot missing and a head on his chest. It was all over the news."

Runs With Stick took a deep breath as she thought to herself, "Mother help me, so this is how it ends."

"Even stranger, same thing happened that happened to that Coyano happened to some trucker out in East Arikara over 20 years ago."

She looked down at the ground, "Sam...I..."

"Don't say anything you don't want me to hear. I had a talk with Roger while you were gone. I know what happened to Mac. Clarence and those Coyanos got what they had coming to them. But....it stops now."

"Is Roger ok?"

"He's fine. And I told Missy not to expect any more midnight deposits."

"You knew?"

"It's my job to know. They showed up every time you and that friend of yours came back after being gone for a month or so. What ever you two and Roger were up to never caused a problem down here or with the law up north so I just kept it to myself."

Runs With Stick dropped her bag and fell against Sam wrapping her arms around him, "Sam, I'm sorry....It won't happen again."

Sam nodded, "I don't suppose it will. Now, go home and change, you smell like an old goat."

With that she laughed, "Yes sir." Then added, "Ask me sometime about the designs of Flying Hooves terminals."

"Oh, one other thing, Drop by the school in a few days, Missy wants to thank you for all the help you've given her and the children."

Runs With Stick picked up her bag and turned, walking slowly towards the road, "Mother help me." When she reached the road, she paused as she faced East giving thanks to the rising sun and Mother Earth before heading home.

Continued.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:35 am 
Dirty Ol' Man

Back to the cabin

The sun was setting just above the trees as Runs With Stick headed up the last part of the trail towards her cabin. "Mother help me, he knew all along." She paused, "What's this?" and stared at the pile of stones to the side of the trail. "Can it be?"

Looking up towards the cabin, she saw the thin wisp of smoke from the chimney. Forcing herself not to break into a run, she continued her pace until she was at the front door. Opening it she stepped inside.

Silver Two Trees was sitting at the table with an old Cunni with amber eyes. "Welcome home my dearest. I have a surprise for you."

Runs With Stick dropped her bag and just stood there staring at the old man.

Running Blue Water spoke slowly, "Daughter?"

The End.