rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:54 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

Since there's been a board reset we're going to need to have the rules stated again. Um... Somebody has a copy of those, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:23 pm 
Site Admin

Well there's the cardinal rule...

Don't be a [/b]dick.

The SLOP universe is a world without magic...at least in my mind. The only miracles are the dark kind. Try and keep things in the spirit of the comic. There are very few happy people in the SLOP comic. Have I ever shown you someone having a good time that didn't have a darkside to it? Have you seen anyone smile?

Try and keep the settings rural and or blue collar. Think country gothic and urban gothic. The SLOP universe seems to have plenty of paralells to our own.

There are no implausible hybrids. No winged wolves. No cricket cows.
There are no angels.

Anyone have anything else to add?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:37 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

Character Sovereignty
------------------------------------------------
When a player creates a character, that player is making a personal domain of intellectual property with which the player will impact or influence a story in progress. As this character is the only tool which a player will have to make any impact on play it is of the utmost importance that the player is not deprived of their character nor have their character debilitated by others without consent from the owning player.

A player has full control of the actions and thoughts of their character. No one else may pose another player's character nor dictate actions or reactions. Another player may direct action which will lead to such a decision of action or consequence, but it is up to the owning player what or if there is an action or consequence. No matter how inevitable the outcome, it is up to the owning player to make that decision for the character.

Any narrative which will include the actions or outcome for another player's character must get approval from that player. This can, and should be, handled by Private Message (PM) with the owning player.

As players interact more a certain level of trust can develop between individual players which extends itself as an implied consent for relaxed character sovereignty in each others posts. This implied consent does not diminish a player's control of his character and he can overrule any violation of his character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds good to me, Andrick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:18 pm 
Obligatory Agitator

Rules Proposals
Any active role-player may propose a rule at any time for debate, consideration and adoption. The rule put forward will be decided upon in no greater than thirty days by matter of a vote. A rule may be debated, supported or detracted at any time prior to the thirty day limit, even while voting occurs. No votes may be placed prior to ten days from when the rule was proposed so that there may be some debate or discourse to weigh the pros and cons of such a rule.

If a rule gets more "nay" than "yay" votes then it fails. If a rule gets more "yay" than "nay" votes then it succeeds and becomes part of the forum rules. If a rule fails both of these at the end of thirty days due to abstentions then all of the abstain votes are treated as defacto "nay" votes, which means the proposal fails.