rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Piggyback
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:27 pm 
Alter Sack

It is thicker than water, but alas much much rarer, and no use outside of the body.

Turned Muley's fatigues into a veritable Hawaiian shirt. Pity Cohen can't appreciate it... to quote his earlier, more intact self: "shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:21 pm 
Terrible Dunder Lizard

Yeah... it begins to look like Tony comes home alone. Except he never really does come home, does he?

It's crazy, I know, but the more I see of Slop the more I'm convinced that Tony died and we're seeing him in his own personal hell. In fact, I'm sure the author would agree with me, figuratively speaking at least. :D But the whole epic has the tone of a cheap movie I saw once that haunts me to this day, in spite of its cheapness. I remember it was called _Sole Survivor,_ about the crew of a crashed bomber. They all thought they were dead, but until the living showed up nobody was completely sure...

He died over there. I'll say figuratively, but that doesn't mean it wasn't real.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:04 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Havoc wrote:
He died over there. I'll say figuratively, but that doesn't mean it wasn't real.

What would happen if you found out that none of your memories were real?

(Think replicants in Blade Runner)

Uncle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:32 pm 
Alter Sack

...you do what everyone else does. And fabricate them better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:53 am 
First Fitch

Havoc wrote:
Yeah... it begins to look like Tony comes home alone. Except he never really does come home, does he?

It's crazy, I know, but the more I see of Slop the more I'm convinced that Tony died and we're seeing him in his own personal hell. In fact, I'm sure the author would agree with me, figuratively speaking at least. :D But the whole epic has the tone of a cheap movie I saw once that haunts me to this day, in spite of its cheapness. I remember it was called _Sole Survivor,_ about the crew of a crashed bomber. They all thought they were dead, but until the living showed up nobody was completely sure...

Sounds more like jakob's ladder. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 pm 
Abject Anathema

Poor Cohen :/ That must be an abominable epiphany. Thinking you've escaped- or nearly escaped- a terrible situation, only to realise you only got to see the running and won't get to see much of anything else anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 am 
Preternaturalist

I really do like the way the art of the page itself seems to visually start with a sense of hope, only to artistically descend into a sense of hopelessness...

Jadúgara ^_^