rustedtusks.com

The SLOP Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:39 pm 
Serious about SLOP

Recently, I found out some interesting things with regards to our old friend Samech.
What I found was that Samech, or "ס" is actually a letter in the Hebrew Alephbeth.

I also found some Biblical scripture, which seems to resonate with the character. Specifically, in Psalm 119, which is divided into 22 sub-sections, each of which is under a different Hebrew letter. The section corresponding to Samech goes from verse 113 to verse 120. It is as follows: (All text taken from the KJV)

Psalm 119:113-120

ס SAMECH

113 - I hate vain thoughts: but thy law do I love.
114 - Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.
115 - Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.
116 - Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.
117 - Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.
118 - Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes: for their deceit is falsehood.
119 - Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross: therefore I love thy testimonies.
120 - My flesh trembleth for fear of thee; and I am afraid of thy judgments.

I really can see Samech putting away those, whom he feels to be the wicked of the earth like dross.
I also found a section of that same psalm, which seems to resonate with Uthy's character. It is under the sub-section 'Caph': כ, which encompasses verses 81-88.

כ CAPH

81 - My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.
82 - Mine eyes fail for thy word, saying, When wilt thou comfort me?
83 - For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes.
84 - How many are the days of thy servant? When wilt thou execute judgment on them that persecute me?
85 - The proud have digged pits for me, which are not after thy law.
86 - All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.
87 - They had almost consumed me upon earth; but I forsook not thy precepts.
88 - Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth.

I don't think there's any scripture that fits Tony, as a boar isn't exactly Kosher. :P

Anyway... Comments?

"Popular lies have ever been the most potent enemies of personal liberty. There is only one way to deal with them. Cut them out, to the very core, just as cancers are..." - Ragnar Redbeard, "Might is Right" (1890).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:47 pm 
Dirty Ol' Man

Wotan wrote:
I don't think there's any scripture that fits Tony, as a boar isn't exactly Kosher. :P

You owe me a keyboard....

Jules from Pulp Fiction:
"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." Now... I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. You'd be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass."